Sunday, March 18, 2012

What I know...

I had a great weekend this past weekend. Even though Jeff went out of town early Saturday morning, I had a fun and productive Saturday. I had my last day of job training at 9:30 and that was probably a good thing because I might have slept in until 11 if I didn't. Job training went very well. We discussed some things and then were put out on the floor to begin dialing survey's. I remember waiting for the first person to pick up the telephone, I was so nervous that my heart was nearly pounding out of my chest. We were only on the floor for a half and hour. I did pretty well...I got two survey's done, which was a good rate they told us. I came to notice on Saturday that probably most of my surveys that I get will be from men. I think that women are so busy or I don't want to say mean, but not as friendly towards other women as men are to women. So that was my little aha moment of the day. After work I went and picked up the movie The Help from Redbox and went home. When I got home, I did three loads of laundry, a TON of homework, watched The Help (bawled my eyeballs out), made homemade chocolate chip cookies, watched some march madness basketball, and continued reading The Hunger Games (love that book!). I was a busy girl. I have been planning my homework around my job now, so I am trying to always be ahead of the game especially with finals creepin' up. I work 5:30-9pm wednesday-friday this week and I am pretty excited! :)

What I know...
I am only 20 and I know I don't know everything but I can tell you that I know there is a purpose to this life. Some people believe that there really is no purpose, that we are all born just because. I don't believe that. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who loves each and every one of us. It doesn't matter that we aren't perfect and He is, he still loves us all even in spite of our shortcomings. Because he loves us, he has given us prophets and apostles that lead and direct us TODAY. He knows all of us individually. We are born on this Earth because that is His plan. We are here to prove ourselves. I know that as we follow His commandments, we can have the greatest blessings He can give to us. We can be sealed and live with our families after this life and I think that is one of the greatest of all the blessings he has promised as we live worthy. I know that this is true with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment